1. Compose an Outstanding Elevator Pitch
Elevator pitch is a short description of an idea, and it should concisely explain its essence so that any listener could understand it. Hence, it’s a mind-boggling activity.
You’ll have less than a minute to grab someone’s attention, so, your presentation must be outstanding. Have a look at these 4 questions which help you create a killer elevator pitch:
• Who am I? – the first thing you should do is introduce yourself and your company; for example: Hello, I am Jon Jonson, and I am CEO of the WorldBooks company.
– and that's enough. There's no need for revealing your age or marital status; that's not the primary thing that the potential customers would like to know. If the company is less known, add some background, like: … which is a company in San Diego, CA.
• What’s my business about?
– imagine that nobody has ever heard about your company; so, when presenting it, make sure you say a couple of words on what your business is about, like: WorldBooks is dedicated to publishing and retailing books from the authors worldwide. Our task is to bring all the literature genres closer to the audience and foster young people to read more.
• What am I offering?
– think of the special offer that you're promoting at the moment. The best would be offering discounts or free samples of your products because that's how the customers will remember you. We're offering a 50% discount for students on all the books found in our store. The offer is valid until the end of May, or while stocks last.
• Call to action (CTA)
– once you’ve introduced the audience to your business purposes and discounts, it’s time to make them consider your offer, for example: If you want to enrich your home library, visit our store in ABC Street 12 or go to our website www.worldbooks.com and place your order instantly.
So, the final elevator pitch version should look like this: Hello, I am Jon Jonson, and I am the CEO of the WorldBooks company, which is situated in San Diego, CA
. Our company is dedicated to publishing and retailing books from the authors worldwide, and our task is to bring the literature genres closer to the audience and foster young people to read more. That's why we're offering an exclusive 50% students discount on all the books found in our store, and the offer is valid until the end of May or while stocks last. If you want to enrich your home library, visit our store in ABC Street 12, or go to our website and place your order instantly.
By crafting elevator pitch like this one, your chances for attracting customers and selling products are significantly improved. You can also add some more concepts depending on the situation and advertisement type, but more on that will be discussed later in the article.