HVAC Marketing Ideas
14 Most Successful HVAC Marketing StrategiesToday, the first place most people are going to look for their HVAC needs isn’t a magnet on the front of the refrigerator. It’s Google. Gone are the times of relying only on classifieds and postcards to market your HVAC business. 85% of consumers rely on the Internet to find a local business, and a third (28%) search for local companies at least once a month. The competition for consumer’s affection is fierce, so companies need to get serious about HVAC marketing. But, what are the best digital marketing strategies which make it easier for you to grow the business? Below you’ll find 14 most useful HVAC marketing ideas that will help you to increase leads consistently and to book more jobs.
1. Create a Robust WebsiteWhen you make a more robust website than your rivals, you're already getting a leg up. In addition to having a site with more than standard Home, About, and Contact Us pages, you'll be able to search engines with more content to index and rank for when users search online. Develop pages that speak to the needs of what people will be searching for in your market, and provide some specifics. For instance, create pages for each service type you offer and each market or sub-city where you do business. Since HVAC installation and repair terms are considered local search terms, search results will bring back local businesses in the area. Content on these pages should include local modifiers in the text, like cities and communities that you serve. Ensure to include thorough information about the type of service, including geotagged images, info on the town itself, and a map location of your company. By building these pages, you won't climb the charts yet, but you'll be on the scope when somebody in your neighborhood looks for an HVAC service. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly since 52.2% of all worldwide online traffic is conducted on a mobile device.
2. Keyword ResearchKeyword research is the operation of finding phrases or keywords that your targeted audience is using to find solutions for their issues. The great place to find keywords is in the Google Keyword Planner. In most cases, the best keywords to go after are "your area + heating and cooling," "your area + heater repair," or "your area + air conditioning." Within the Keyword Planner, you'll be able to see how many searches per month these terms are having.
3. Content MarketingRemember, publishing evergreen content isn’t enough. Folks need actually to see your content, and that’s only possible by content marketing. There’re many methods to promote your content, including reaching out to bloggers, sharing it on social media, using paid discovery ways like Reddit ads, or guest posting on relevant websites.
4. HVAC SEOAfter you've created some exciting content assets, it's now time to get eyeballs on your site. One of the best techniques to do this is to use search engine optimization. As a part of HVAC marketing, SEO refers to the practice of improving a website to enhance its visibility in search engine results. For any HVAC company that is serious in acquiring new clients, as we said, it's impossible to ignore the impact of Google's reach. With nearly 96% of people look for local businesses online, SEO is a major factor for any HVAC who want to get new clients. By increasing your site's rankings, you'll get a constant stream of visitor traffic at a low cost that will convert into paying customers.
5. Improve Local SEOWith the decreasing of the organic results and the rise of the local pack, local SEO is more important than ever for the HVAC contractors. Why? Because you want people near you to find your company when they need your services. There are tons of ways to improve your local SEO, so you’re more visible to people in the service area, but let’s start with these 4 things.
- Associate your site with local directories - When these websites update business listings, you want to make sure your own site’s information is right, and you’re in good standing with users. Local searchers like using directories to find services near them, so ensure to use them to your advantage;
- Proximity to the searcher - The closer you’re to the search, the higher possibility you have of appearing in the local pack;
- Use consistent business information across social media platforms - Your social media profiles help local SEO, as long as they’re regularly updated and have accurate information. It includes having a consistent NAP (name, address, and phone number);
- Optimization of Google My Business page - If you haven’t already done so, create this free listing. It’ll provide Google with your location (including a map), business hours, contact info, and website link, and let you begin collecting reviews.
6. Featured SnippetsTo seriously improve search engine rankings in the HVAC niche, it's crucial to target and win featured snippets. Not only will it enhance your organic traffic notably with each featured snippet won, but you'll get the ultimate authority within your field — and Big G will reward you for that. For example, you should write an article titled, "Why does my AC freeze up at night?" and win the snippet. This way, you'll build authority for your entire site and boost all pages in the search engines. Plus, you'll be providing Google what it wants — valuable content for its users.
RANK IN GOOGLE TOP 10 FOR $500 MONTHLY
perfect for new, local and small businesses, includes technical seo, on-site optimization, local SEO and copywriting
7. UsabilityGoogle starts to give a lot of weight to user metrics or in laymen’s terms - how users interact with your site. It's vital that UX is a good one. First, ensure you’re answering all the questions and concerns thoroughly. Secondly, be sure your site loads quickly, doesn’t have broken links, isn’t full of 404 errors, and doesn’t include duplicate content. Thirdly, routinely scrutinize your Google Analytics to make sure your bounce rate is low, and the average time on your website is high.
8. Social MediaSocial media is like an Eldorado for building relationships and trust with folks who actually will use your service. Facebook (2.37 billion active users), YouTube (1.9 billion active users), Google+ (395 million active users) Twitter (330 million active users), LinkedIn (303 million active users), Instagram (1 billion active users), and Pinterest (291 million active users) are in the top 30 most trafficked websites in the world. These numbers mean that your business needs to engage with the folks on social. Not only is it an excellent way to boost the visibility of your brand and build massive trust, but it's also highly cost-effective since it's free to sign-up. Social has become such an important part of any marketing campaign that Big G today analyzes social activity and utilizes it in how they rank websites. There’re over 250 different ranking factors in Google, but social presence and activity present a great deal of weight that increases your visibility in the search engines.
9. Make VideosYou, better than anyone, know just how many people don’t know how to change their AC filter. What do today’s consumers do when they need to perform something but don’t know how? They go to YouTube — 85% of U.S. viewers say they regularly turn to YT to learn something new. It's also the world's second-largest search engine. Not only is video becoming the majority of the population's preferred way to consume information, but it also enhances conversion rates up to 75% when you put videos on the web pages. The key is in creating the right sort of videos and posting them on platforms your target audience uses (social media channels, your website, email, etc.). Before you click record, here’re a few things to consider in your video HVAC Internet marketing strategy:
- Limit videos to 2 minutes or less to improve the likelihood of viewership;
- Put videos on popular service pages;
- Implement videos on blogs;
- Upload videos to both your site and your YouTube channel;
- Post video on social media.