13 Online Marketing Tips for Small Business that Work
The small businesses that aren’t using online marketing strategies need to understand the importance of it, since small business digital marketing helps your business thrive in today’s competitive landscape and lets you make your brand.
As a small business owner, you’re probably “booked” with numerous responsibilities each day. Whether it’s accounting, sales or just managing the day-to-day operations, keeping up with the constant flow of work can be tricky.Due to the permanent "fighting against time," one aspect of a business that often gets overlooked is marketing. Today, companies have more ways and places than ever to market themselves. But choosing the right marketing method, particularly when you're a small or even a mid-sized company with a limited budget, can be challenging. Therefore, let’s look into 13 effective internet marketing strategies that will show you how to market your business online successfully.
Best way to create an attractive website is to have quality content. Great content includes everything from engaging website copy through helpful blog articles to eye-catching infographics and intuitive videos. There’re many free WordPress blog templates available to get you started.Of course, creating good content is time-consuming, but it also pays in multiple ways. Here is a list of content marketing benefits:
- It can increase social media engagement by offering your followers something valuable to share and talk about;
- It can also rank you higher in search results. Google likes new, relevant, and quality long format;
- It’s an excellent way to boost credibility and position your brand as a thought-leader;
- It enables you to check and generate leads. You can create a landing page which asks costumers to provide their contact details in exchange for access to unshared content such as business reports and eBooks.
Search engine optimization is the content marketing best friend. It’s the delicate operation of affecting the online visibility of a web page or a website in a web search engine’s unpaid organic or paid results. Therefore, to get started with SEO all you need is a bit of research and some helpful tips.Helpful SEO Tips:
- First evaluate your website’s SEO as it stands, with setting up a Google Webmaster account. All you need is to register, verify domain name, and follow the outlined steps. Google will provide tailored tips on the SEO aspects your website needs to address;
- When you’re producing fresh content ensure you’re filling in all the meta data Google asks for. Don’t forget that Google search spiders can only read and understand words, so it’s crucial to add meta descriptions to images also;
- Google looks for and ranks for longer tail keywords – each one of your website pages should have a specific topic or theme. Also, never stuff pages with keywords as you’ll be penalized;
- Google prefers in-depth content and has indicated that longer posts of 1,500 to 2,000-word length are rewarded accordingly. Anyhow, quality content is the key to higher ranking in Google search.